Wednesday 18 September 2013

Revlon® Colorstay™ Ultimate Suede Lipstick - Backstage




Revlon® Colorstay™ Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Backstage £8.99

I'm not sure if other people feel the same way about the Revlon website but I feel the swatches for lipsticks and nail varnish are quite misleading. Don't get me wrong, I love the brand, I just think they are one you should check out in store rather than order online. This lipstick looks brighter and more purple on their own website, via the Boots website I'd say it is closer to the actual colour but not quite. It is a lovely Autumnal colour though.

I love how silky these lipstick feels, it doesn't feel greasy or heavy. Not too far from wearing a dark tinted lip balm. The colour on me is a rich, glossy red, perfect for this time of the year. It doesn't last as long as a matte lipstick but you can also easily apply a quick coat without needing to think too much about it BUT I do have a bit of a problem with it. Really I can't work out how the product is at fault but for some reason when it dries I get a weird blank line. I don't understand how the product itself could just disappear on certain parts of my lip but it doesn't happen with other lipsticks. No matter how I reapply, blot or smush my lips together I end up with a weird blank line - I have a lighter colour that doesn't do this or at least I haven't noticed. I much prefer the Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks, now they are good.


No comments:

Post a Comment