Sunday 16 August 2015

Health & Fitness Update (Playing Catch-up)

Well it has been quite some time since I posted a health and fitness update. There has been a lot of upheaval in my life but it is all okay now. Everything is once again more positive. I'm happy to say that even though I haven't been updating my blog I have been super busy and super active.

I'll start with what hasn't changed much, the food. I still have a standard pattern, I eat a little more as I'm doing more activity but in general I'm happy. I eat everything I like in moderation although I can be a little lazy. I do find it hard to cook from scratch for one, it's all the pots that mount up. If I'm making some kind of veggie "meat" sauce, (i.e. bolognese, chilli), I'll make enough for a few days. I don't bother to freeze, I just have the same meal for a couple of days in a row, I can always change the carb that goes with them. I've been lazy with making food to take to work which is something I need to change, there aren't many vegetarian options let alone healthy ones so a weighed portion of pasta with veggie pesto is better than the usual chips that they have.

I haven't discovered any new, interesting foods to discuss. I really could do with a bit of excitement and colour injecting into my diet!

My steps have been pretty okay, I think! I really haven't been checking as diligently as I spend so much time in the gym at the moment.

Now the gym is the new love of my life, it treats me well and I make sure I spend plenty of time there. I try and spend 4-5 days at the gym/swimming pool. I have a fabulous routine that I'm enjoying and have also added the treadmill to that routine as of yesterday. I've even made it on the Top Swimmers board at my gym (no. 2) - happy days!

So to conclude, I haven't given up, I'm still here just working out super hard. I feel strong, fit and healthy so I thought I would share some of my pre/post gym photos.




If you are on Instagram or Twitter, please look me up, I post most of my workout stats on there along with "sexy"* photos like above.


So how is summer treating your fit and healthy routine? Any inspiration?


*I'm using the term sexy very loosely, I can't pull a normal face. 

2 comments: