Saturday 25 April 2015

Lady Heyes Shopping Trip April 2015

Last weekend I had a fantastic trip out with an old friend from school. I'd been to Lady Heyes before and knew it would be something she would enjoy. I was also eager to go again, it's such a great place for picking up vintage items at a reasonable cost, plus there is a fantastic second-hand book shop as well as a candle shop. You've pretty much got everything you need there, including a cafe with fantastic frangipane.

There are so many photos so I'll cut a few in, but here are photos of my shopping spree last weekend!


I love West German pottery from 60s/70s so I paid a little more for this item as I really wanted it, at £12.00 it still wasn't exactly breaking the bank, plus this Scheurich vase really fits in with my orange/brown (eventual) kitchen colour scheme. 


It was a toss up between a complete coffee set for £8.00 or this for £4.50, I loved the design of this and was worried about the quality of the other set. I don't regret my decision as this Arklow Stardust coffee pot is just a beautiful design. 


This was a simple decision, at £3.00 it was super cheap and I like owls. The one thing that I'm not great at is saving money! 

The rest is after the cut....




This was more of a practical buy, I like to treat myself to flowers so the more vases the better. This was an easy decision as green is my favourite colour and at £3.00 it was a great price. 



I've forgotten the price of this tray but it was around the £6.00, I have a lot of barware and this tray will sit nicely with my sets. 


These plates were in the bargain bin at 50p each, I'd been meaning to pick up a selection of random plates to use under plant pots and candles. I had thought I'd pick up an odd one at a time but at 50p I had to pick up multiple plates in one go. 


Another cheap purchase, I have a lot of Hornsea Bronte stuff for my (eventual) kitchen, these were just a couple of quid as they're missing their lids but I'll make use of them, possibly even to grow cress out of - somehow that seems like an appropriate use.


For some reason I saw this and those I must by this flower clip to wear in my hair, I don't know when but the urge just felt right for £2.99.


A very random selection of postcards - 3 for £1.00 and the next few photos are of records I purchased for £2.00 each.



Getting close to the end, a selection of fabulous books from Cheshire Books, £2.00 each.



The Decorating Book has some fantastic ideas in so I forked out £4.00 for it, hopefully to be used in conjunction with The House Book. 


Finally, I can't resist a candle shop. I'm not a Yankee Candle devotee but I do like to buy the odd melt or sampler votive candles, all fairly summery fresh scents. I have so many of these that I never get round to using so I'm hoping having a dedicated glass for the candles to sit in will encourage me to use them. I may have to tidy my rooms first!

Another vintage shopping haul, I plan to save a little money next month although if there is something on in town there is no way I'd be able to resist! 

4 comments:

  1. My gran had those Hornsea Bronte pots, took me straight back to my childhood seeing them. Shame the lids weren't with them - I recall them being wooden? - but like you say they're perfect for growing cress out of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wooden, I get the feeling I have some tucked away anywhere as I tend to buy the odd bit of the Hornsea Bronte stuff as I can't commit to one range from Hornsea, most of their stuff makes me weak at the knees which isn't a good way to be around crockery.

      Delete
  2. I love the coffee pot! Great buy, love vintage items.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete