Tuesday 23 December 2014

What's in my Birchbox? December 2014 - Sophia Webster Special


With so much going on at the moment it's nice to have a distraction, it's also nice to receive something in the post which isn't a present for someone else. I was really looking forward to my subscription box even though in just under a week I'll be receiving the odd present I'm just in the mood to discover something new.

Now the December birchbox isn't quite a typical Christmas theme with the type of contents or how it looks but the fact that's it's such a generous exciting party box makes it festive to me. This month is a very special box that sees them collaborate with accessories designer Sophia Webster, what exactly does that entail? Well details of the box and pretty pictures of the contents can be found after the cut.




It's a truly bumper box this month with two full sized products, four generous samples and one exclusively designed treat.


Ilsci Organics Gel Mask - Flavonoid Extra Mask 5ml (Full size: £39.95 for 50ml)
The smell of this mask is so amazingly fresh and fruity and somewhat tea-like. A soothing gel formula that aims to smooth and rejuvenate, Time to give this a try pre-Christmas stress.


Electric Hair Electric Hydrate Shampoo 30ml(Full size: £17.50 for 250ml)
I love the smell of this shampoo, it's both fragrant and fresh but also somewhat masculine, not in an overpowering way, more sexy. My hair is looking remarkably tired but I'm looking to give it a New Year spruce, possibly a trim but finding a new shampoo would be great too.


Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Smoke 4g (Full size: £8.00 for 4g/£16.00 for pack of 3)
A generous full size pencil which is also a Birchbox exclusive. I received smoke which is a gorgeous light charcoal shade, I'll be making use of this over the festive period, there is some sparkle to it and I plan to use this lightly to line my lower lashes so that I can have a bit of casual glam.


I'm already a huge fan of HighBeam, it's such a fantastic highlighter, my favourite to be exact. This doesn't mean I'm not happy with this sample, far from it, Standard size High Beam isn't exactly portable so this little tube version is excitingly perfect for my handbag!


Models Own Nail Polish in Obsidian (Full size: £5.00 for 14ml)
Another full size product, we were actually allowed to choose which shade we desired which was very fortunate as I have each one of the Velvet Goth collection apart from Obsidian. I'm very happy as the reason I hadn't picked this up wasn't because I didn't like the shade, merely that I just hadn't got round to picking it up, I can't buy Models Own locally and it just slipped to the back of my mind. Receiving the final part of the set is perfection, like the fitting the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle.


Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil 2.5ml (Full size: £16.50 for 20ml)
I love this product, although I have quite oily skin I do find it works wonders. My hands and elbows go from perfectly soft to dry and sore overnight in the winter months so I love massaging this oil in as it repairs almost immediately. The smell is lovely, in a way it reminds me of almond paste, I find some oils can smell stale on but this is just beautiful.



Lifestyle Extra


Sophia Webster Purse worth £25.00
The lifestyle extra is particularly fabulous in this box, an exclusive, designed by Sophia Webster purse. I'm not sure everyone will be thrilled but it works for me, it ticks at least three boxes, green, animal print and stripes, I should say four as it isn't leather either. Now I know it isn't going to be a day to day purse but I have found myself needing just a coin purse and I have yet to find my perfect, synthetic purse so for now this will happily fill the void.


A fabulous end of year box, plus it's all packaged in a unique box which will now be used to house other odds and ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment