Wednesday 10 December 2014

Lookfantastic Beauty Box Winter 2014


Now, I have cut down to one subscription beauty box but I was feeling down and felt the need for a surprise pick me up so I ordered the Lookfantastic Beauty Box last month and completely forgot about it, which is how I intended the surprise element to work and it did. It was nice to have a little something different, it was also nice to buy a one off for £15 including postage and packaging. The box itself is pretty huge so what was in there? It's all after the cut.





Bourjois Intense Smoky in Violet constelle - full size (Full size price: £7.99)
I do love Bourjois but not as much as I did when I was a teenager. It is great to see a Bourjois item in the box, particularly this neat eyeshadow eyeliner mix. I'm over the moon with the colour as I do love purple at this time of the year. I'm looking forward to using the set for a complete look.


Murad Essential-C Cleanser 45ml (Full size price: £34.00 for 200ml)
A very generous sized sample that I'm looking forward to trying. I hate it when you only get one or two uses out of a sample as you never really get a true feel of how the product works for you but by the time I'm through this I should certainly know. The Essential-C cleanser aims to repair environmentally damaged skin, well, it can only help.


OleHenriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil 15ml (Full size price: £47.00 for 30ml)
Another generous sized sample. This is an anti-ageing treatment that should help reduce the visible appearance of fine lines and also helps the skin to become brighter and more radiant. As I've hit my thirties I've started to think more about my skin, not so much anti-ageing as this is inevitable, I'm just aiming to age gracefully and smootly, hopefully. I've still not found that one product to rely on so the more items like this I can try the better.


This comb is such a nice addition to the box, sure I may not have picked it myself but I think this is one of those times where it's good that someone else is choosing. I only have a couple of small styling combs so I plan to use this after washing my hair. I do love my wet brush but I can't wait to try this as an alternative.


Lord & Berry Travel Size Silk Kajal in black 2g (Full size: £12.00 for 4g)
This is a really handy half sized version of the Lord & Berry Silk Kajal kohl eyeliner. I love my eyeliner so this will make a welcome addition to my handbag make-up collection.


Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel 15ml (Full size: £29.50 for 50ml)
This is an exciting product, I do love a good face mask and this feels like more of a 'grown up' mask than I'd usually use. Another generous sized sample that I'm sure I'll get a few goes out of, plus it is another anti-ageing product, perfect!


Gold Collagen Pure Gold Collagen 50ml (Full size: £35.99 for 10x50ml)
Now unfortunately this is just a disappointment, it has derivatives from fish in it and I'm vegetarian so I'll be giving this the wide berth.


Apart from the last product this has been a very exciting and different box. It isn't as tailored as my current subscription box but it is a nice one off, the samples have all been so generous meaning I will get to know how well the product works for me - which does mean I'll know whether to buy it or not!

Overall a very pleasant early December treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment