Saturday 1 March 2014

Illamasqua Shattered Star Nail Varnish in Marquise


No flash on either but photo of nails taken by the window
Illamasqua Shattered Star Nail Varnish in Marquise £15.00

Now this is the first of many items I picked up shopping this week. I was too excited to wait to try it out so half way through my film marathon I've come away to try it.

Marquise is one of the new shades of nail varnish in the Illamasqua Glamore collection, the Glamore collection promises more colour, more texture and more beauty, boy does it deliver. Although I wanted to pick up everything from the collection I resisted and chose wisely simply picking this and a lipstick (which I will be trying very soon). I feel like the Marquise is nothing like my other nail varnish, sure I have some similar shades and similar textures but not a combination of the both.

The Marquise is vivid, bright, bold but to put it basically it is an orange glitter, of course is it is more than that the orange is a bright, luminous tangerine and the glitter is multi-dimensional (reminiscent of the OPI Liquid Sand varnishes) it is a sensational colour AND effect. This colour is a great leap into spring/summer, even if the weather is still being miserable and unpredictable this shade is certainly one to make you feel like you are at the height of summer.

It is £15.00 a pot, I know it isn't the cheapest nail varnish but I find it to be completely worth it. The quality is there, it dries remarkably quickly and sets hard. Some effect nail varnishes I find incredibly easy to slide off even a couple of hours after applying but these are set solid in 30 minutes but I'm also able to start to do things after only 5 minutes (I only know this for sure as The Beast demanded feeding half way through my application of this). Another reason I find the cost completely justifiable is the strength of colour, I could wear one coat of this and it would still be even and fairly strong, two coats gets me a full on, in your face nails -kapow!

I LOVE Illamasqua, they never let me down, I'm tempted to get the other two in this collection, Trilliant and Fire Rose, the only reason I didn't was because I have some similar shades by OPI however Illamasqua totally pip on the quality so I think another shopping trip is called for. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is absolutely beautiful, and such a unique shade too! I love Illamasqua and their new collection is so stunning xx

    ReplyDelete