Friday 17 January 2014

What's In My Birchbox? - January 2014


Apologies for the absence this week, new year, new illness. Nothing serious, just a bug that has made me ill and lazy, but I'm starting to feel perkier. Even on the day I was really drained (Wednesday) this Birchbox cheered me up a hell of a lot. Even my new, furry, family member couldn't help but get in (the way) on the act. The theme itself is New Year, looking at making tiny tweaks rather than large, sweeping changes, that I like. I always think even with the big changes the beginning of the year is only the start so you should never feel disheartened if you fall off the wagon early on.

Anyway, what did I get? See after the cut!





Tommyguns Fig, Plum & Marshmallow conditioner 250ml (Full Size: £5.50 for 250ml)

I actually read my card before looking in the box properly and was pleased to see the Tommyguns conditioner. I'd been eyeing it up in Waitrose but hadn't taken the plunge so a sample would be wonderful. Then I open the box and see that it is full sized, believe me I am over the moon. The smell itself is delicious, this one is for frizzy, chaotic and unruly hair, I really hope it works half as good as it smells, if so they can count me as a loyal customer.


Benefit The POREprofessional 7.5ml (Full Size: £24.50 for 22ml)

Any bit of Benefit make-up is welcome, this one especially as I haven't tried it yet. I could have tried it but I'm totally daft, I have a free sample from a magazine but I've been saving it for a rainy day. No excuses now though, plus my pores suck, way too visible. Hopefully this will fix it, well temporarily at least.



Noble Isle Willow Song Bath & Shower Gel 30ml (Full Size: £20.00 for 250ml)

Whenever I read Willow Song, Willow's Song gets stuck in my head (if you know the film The Wicker Man - not the remake! you'll know what I mean). Now I thought I had my shower gel sorted, I love the Korres stuff and the odd Lush so I'm not looking for anything new. That doesn't matter now though, I'm in love with this shower gel. I'm a winter person but this gentle, floral fragrance makes me long for spring. I'm not even going to try before I buy, this little one can be put aside for my next holiday as I'm ordering the full size asap.



Vasanti Detox Nutrient-Rich Purifying Facial Cleanser 20ml (Full Size: £18.00 for 150ml)

I don't pay enough attention to my cleansers, I think I've only purchased one in the last ten years but I know I need to get on top of this. I've already started to develop more of a routine and having just finished a make-up remover/cleanser that was opened, well, lets just say it was possibly when you still had to sign when using your card in shops it's time for a new start - oooh, this can be my tiny tweak. I know a good cleanser should be top priority so it's time for me to work out which one is right for me and this product might well be it. This product is very light, it smells fresh, clean and for some reason very alluring.



Premae Anatomy Nutrients Instant Renewal Body Oil 20ml (Full Size: £9.50 for 100ml)

I don't know where to use this first, my face, my legs or even my scars! To be honest the first thing that came to mind is a couple of new scars from last year, not because I want to get rid of them though! I usually don't have dry skin at all but a couple of the incisions from my surgery become very dry and itchy, possibly as they're on my knicker line so I think this oil will be ideal for them, plus I can carry it in my handbag.


Lifestyle Extra




ITSU Miso Soup £2.25 for 3 sachets

I love Miso soup but I tend to buy the powder and it just sits there not being used which is such a shame but I'm a bit too lazy with it sometimes. I love the idea of a paste and these packets are ideal, I love cooking miso soup, adding a little bit of veg, tofu and udon noodles - extra yummy.I was staring at the noodles in Waitrose tonight but couldn't for the life of me remember why I needed them so this will have to wait until next week for me to eat.

Yet again another amazing Birchbox!


No comments:

Post a Comment