Thursday 21 November 2013

Illamasqua MASQUARA in Raven



Illamasqua MASQUARA in Raven £16.50

A few weeks back Illamasqua were offering 15% off to celebrate their 5th birthday, I've never bought directly from their website but I felt it was time to start doing so. I'd seen a nail varnish I'd really wanted, Perseid, which I ordered and of course I'm not very disciplined when it comes to shopping so I stocked up on some more goodies including this mascara, masquara.

I didn't actually look into it, the reviews I wasn't bothered about looking at as I just trust Illamasqua products to be perfect. I'm really not disappointed, I bought this thinking it would be a basic, day to day mascara but with one flick of the wand it was obvious it was more glamorous than that, my partner thinks it works wonders and so do I. In the photo above I'm wearing one coat of mascara, just one coat and no eyelash curlers beforehand and I really believe the effect doesn't look fake at all.

Natural light
The photo directly above shows my normal lashes next to my lashes with just a single coat of this masquara, I don't think I need to say which is which.


Another photo showing the look from below in natural light. I used just the brush, usually I need to use a clean one to get out the clumps but not here. The brush itself, on quick inspection, looks closer to a standard mascara brush than some of the fancy wands on the market these days but look closer and something else is going on, the bristles criss cross which helps lift and separate the lashes, that must be the wonderbra like qualities they mention.




As one coat is all it takes this masquara is perfect if you're in a rush or just hate fiddling too much. You can also build it up for a more dramatic effect without clumping. So far I've worn it for 6 hours without any smudging and the effect looks just as good. Crikey, I LOVE Illamasqua!

2 comments:

  1. I adore Illasmasqua! They do such lovely products, never tried their mascara though. This really makes your lashes look beautiful.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until this item I'd never really tried their, well, "essential" style products just the fantastic nail varnish. The more I use it the more I love the brush, highly recommended! xx

      Delete