Saturday 12 October 2013

The Autumn Tag

I've been tagged by Laura over at Petit Moi - Big World, as mentioned I love answering questions! So here goes!

A photo from very early last Autumn in the woodland behind my home

1.  What's your most favourite thing about autumn? It is my joint favourite time of the year, I also love Winter. I love the weather, I'm not really a sun worshipper so prefer the cooler months plus I love heavy snow. I also love all the festivities, Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas, New Years. I love being snuggled up warm in bed with a cool breeze coming through the window. I love to walk in the woods at this time of the year and take plenty of photos. I feel like Autumn is such a calm, peaceful month. On top of that I love to layer my clothes, I just love it when the weather cools.

2. What's your favourite drink? I love mulled cider and mulled wine at this time of the year but I really haven't had much to drink the last couple of years, I'm hoping to have something mulled this year. Oh and brandy, I love brandy.

3. What's your favourite scent/candle? Cinnamon, I really pull out anything that smells of cinnamon on the run up to Christmas. Perfume wise I always love anything musk but my favourite scent for any time of the year that does also have quite a warm, colder months quality to it is Modern Chypre by Esteban, I adore it.

4. What's your best lipstick? I love darker colours especially at this time of the year although I haven't found a particular lipstick that I buy and wear regularly. I'm hoping to pick up a Models Own Lip-stix in a suitable colour though as I love the quality and strength of colour, so far I only have light, bright colours from the collection, I'd like to pick up the very berry version.

5. What's your go to moisturizer? I never really wear moisturiser, I'm quite fortunate as I have soft skin but with that I have to pay the price somewhere and my skin is also super stretchy, in a bad way :( As I've hit my thirties fairly recently I have been trying to make the effort to use moisturiser before disaster strikes. I have some pots of Nivea day and night cream along with some Simple light moisturiser - something I'm working my way through.

6. What's your go to colors for the eyes? Brown, I do wear year round but it really works with my eye colour. Around this time of the year I do go for more metallic, golden browns. I'm also trying to wear more purple and navy.

7.  What's your favourite singer/band to listen to? I have such a wide taste, I think I mentioned most of my favourite bands before but it doesn't hurt to list them here without videos.

Devo, Mudhoney, The Smiths, Pulp, Sonic Youth, The Cramps, B-52's, The Misfits, MDC, The Adicts, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Birthday Party, Prince, The Cure, Guitar Wolf, Camera Obscura, The The, Belle & Sebastien, The Meteors, Butthole Surfers, Husker Du, Joy Division, Primus,  The Shangri-la's, Kate Bush, Pixies, Tiny Tim, Cheap Trick, John Grant, Tim Buckley, Jacques Brel, Jake Thackray but it could go on, my party playlist is jam packed full. I think I need to start collating playlists on youtube of each artist and have a separate section of links on the main page. I have a link on the right to my record collection too! It might need updating slightly.

8. What's your favourite outfit to wear? Hard to choose, I tend to layer, I love a nice patterned jersey skirt matched with a slouchy sweatshirt and gold (costume) jewellery. When I was younger I used to love wearing a black pencil skirt with leopard print tights and a yellow 70's satin shirt - I still love the idea of that.

10. What's your favourite place to be? In bed watching films, playing games or listening to music - candles going and a pizza being delivered.


I'd like to tag:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me! I love Autumn so I'll definitely be doing it :). I completely agree with you on your favourite place to be too.. watchings films, playing games, candles and munching on some food is brill! x

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem dear, I look forward to reading your responses! xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post! Got me all excited for autumn! :)
    Speak soon,
    fashiontacticx

    fashiontacticx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete