Friday 11 October 2013

Liebster Award



Ages ago I was nominated for a Liebster award by Hannah, this is just a nice inner blogger way of bigging up another person. I have to admit since then I have been focussed on getting back to work along with keeping up my normal posts but this has always been at the back of my mind so today I intend to just answer the questions and nominate a few others, except I'm not sticking to the rules so badness will possibly ensue! There are so many people out there with blogs that I love, every single person I have on my list I have on there as something has peaked my interest on a number of occasions but I'm fairly new to this game, in a way, I did start my blog before going into hospital for surgery in June but I don't really feel like it began until a couple of months after when I started to post more frequently and seek out others to follow. So I would just like to share a few I love - you can already count Hannah's blog as one of those!


and a few that I can't miss out even though they have 200+


Now with these folks not only do I keep check on them via the normal feed but I also make a special effort to go and check out. Now I know I'm not listing many but I think it is fair to say I comment the most on these blogs.

Also I found this interesting blog post on the origins of this award.

Now I love filling out questionnaires, heck in the late 90's, early '00's you couldn't move for the number of about yourself style questionnaires out there but I know not everyone else will agree which is why I'm not posting questions for others to answer, I'm keeping it a bit low key but if you would fully like to take part just send me an email and I'll sort some out!

My questions for you:

1) What's your favourite quote?

"The most beautiful journeys are taken through the window" - King of Hearts (1966)

2) What are some of your favourite songs at the moment?

So many but none of them current. I've been listening to The Shangri-La's and Kate Bush a lot recently along with The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, Sleater-Kinney, Devo, The Cramps, The Birthday Party, Killing Joke, and plenty of Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds along with a lot of classic rock/80's compilations. But to list some of my favourite songs, or at least ones I've listened to a lot recently it might be best to do it with videos.

The first is a cover, this song synced with the original video never fails to cheer me up:








More fabulous covers:




oh and a few more, I'm sure this question only needed a couple of lines fo ran answer :D






















and if you listen to them all well done! I plan to watch a lot of Devo (one of my all time favourite bands) videos tonight.

3) What is your top beauty tip?

Sleep on your back, it works wonders but practically impossible to do in the colder months.

4) In 5 years time, where do you want to see yourself?

With more money and my own place, although 5 years is ages away, hopefully, I don't want to think about it!

6) If you are running out the door and don't have time to do your usual make-up and only have time to apply 3 things, what would you apply?

I rarely apply make-up for work, I'm too fond of my bed and prefer the extra minutes so usually if I have a minute I'll just slap on foundation and some lip balm, if I have two minutes I might apply a coat of mascara too.

7) What's your favourite skincare product?

I really like Skinetica, I had it in a Glossybox but have since gone on to order about 5 bottles! I also used to love and miss those blackhead strips where you actually had to apply ointment to your skin and then the strip, was it Oxy-10?!

8) What is your guilty pleasure?

I don't feel guilty about any of the rubbish I like, although I should feel guilty about watching Toddlers & Tiaras.

9) What's one weird and random fact about yourself?

Most facts about me are weird or random! I'm double jointed, I have a third nipple although it appears to be that of a cats nipple. My lip used to be pierced which is why I have a hole under my bottom lip, I keep stabbing stuff through but I can't find my original ring to put in. I also had my nose pierced, badly, which has left my nose looking a bit crap.

10) Finally, why did you start blogging, and what is your favourite part of blogging? :)

Years and years ago (I started it over a decade ago) I used to use LJ, I loved typing up posts and speaking to new people and although in my mid twenties I wasn't really doing it any more I did miss it. Skip forward a few more years and I'm off work ill for a long time, not only am I bored but due to the amount of medication I also find it hard to concentrate and remember simple words. Grammar is something I've always been terrible with so to see that slide too was a bit scary. Which is why I started a journal, initially my sole focus was nail varnish, I have a ton and although I've been lacking money this year I've had plenty of them to go through, slowly it has progressed to encompass more beauty aspects but I do also like showing off my collections, charity shop finds, general shopping and also talking about personal things. I'm an open book and don't mind talking about my problems, that doesn't mean I think anyone will want to listen it is just away for me to focus.


That's it, did I miss number 5? or was it never there?! I'm sure my answer to question 2 makes up for it. 

Okay, I'm full of a cold that is only showing itself in making me feel lousy and giving me the post snotty nose top lip burn without having had the snotty nose so I'm back to bed for more hot water bottle/GTA V action! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me Sharon! You've got a really cool taste in music I'm gonna have to check out a few of those bands! xx

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're completely welcome, I love your blog! and Thank You :) I hope you find something you really like within my quite eclectic although today quite same-y music tastes! xx

      Delete