Sunday 22 September 2013

Yet Another Thing For Me to Collect - Peruvian Soapstone Carvings

If I find something cute or weird chances are I'll start collecting it. This week my partner has showered me (not literally or they'd break) with Peruvian soapstone carvings of animals. What are they? you might ask, well they are just soapstone carvings from Peru and they are of animals. I'm afraid I can't really tell you much more about them but I can show them.


Okay, this is me being quite nostalgic again. These are like a grown up version of what I used to collect when I was younger. I had loads of these little hard plastic animals, they were tiny and cost around 20p in gift shops, I would pick them up whenever we went out on a day trip. I must still have some of them somewhere which means I think when I get the chance the attic will be raided and all my toys from childhood will be coming down - my Sindy and Barbie dolls haven't had a dress change in a few years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment