Saturday 7 September 2013

Sleek MakeUp - True Colour Lipstick - Mulberry


Sleek MakeUp True Colour Lipstick in Mulberry £4.99

I think I have gone over the top with this lipstick, I love dark colours on my lips and have got carried away with stocking up on dark colours for Autumn and Winter, this is just too dark for me. Now the problem isn't the colour, it is the maintenance involved in wearing a shade this dark. You can not just quickly throw on a colour of this hue, you need to work on it, build it up slowly, make sure it doesn't go outside the line and with wonky lips like mine it is hard not to look like you've applied it drunkenly whilst in a dark room. I also find it irritating to have patchy lips, this sort of thing concerns me even when I can't see them I'm thinking have I got a weird blank patch, when I'm wearing make-up I like to forget about it and this shade is not forgettable.

So let me clear this up the problem is me, not the lipstick, I think too much about patches and smudges. I tried the Candy Cane colour of the same lipstick and I loved it. I did find it a bit slimy but as I mentioned it was easy to correct, it isn't as easy with such a dark shade. The mulberry is, well it is mulberry, a very dark purple with a tinge of red. I first tried applying it straight from the stick over lip balm which was a bit of a mess, the lipstick is very moist itself so trying to apply it to a slippery surface was a big mistake. I think I would have preferred matte with this type of shade, my mind isn't always on the ball when shopping though, more of a trance, hypnotic, giddy excitement. The second attempt I had no lip balm and applied straight from the stick, still had a problem - it doesn't help that I have to even out my top lip but my bottom lip looked rally patchy also. The third attempt I wore lip balm and used a lip brush to build it up, create shape on my lip and then lightly applied from the stick, this was the best look to date.


I think from afar the shade looks okay but still slightly patchy, close up completely patchy, unfortunately this sort of thing bothers me.


The quality of the lipstick is still impressive for the cost but the shade of this particular one takes a lot of hard work, I'm sure someone with lips in better condition and symmetrical could easily make this work.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I'm just very good at getting the right photo angle ;)

      Delete
  2. wow this is such a great colour! - perfect for A/W!

    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I could get it more even, I think I just need to work on it as I love dark lips.

      Delete