Saturday 21 September 2013

nails inc - Westbourne Park Hologram Polish

The photo doesn't quite do it justice

nails inc in Westbourne Park Hologram Polish

I bought this polish months ago but have only just tried it out. I wasn't sure what to expect as the polish in the jar doesn't look holographic. Instead it just looks like a textured silver polish and on first application it continued to look solely like a textured silver polish. It was only when I stepped out the confines of my dark room did I discover it was truly holographic, not just silver but a rainbow of colours shine through. I love the usual metallic shades but usually go for warmer golds when it gets colder but this is a fabulous, icy shade.

A slightly blurry photo but it shows all the colours

As usual with it being nails inc the quality is there, I applied two coats in the photo shown. It applies thickly and because of the texture there is a limited time to get it smooth so it's best not get distracted when applying it. I did with the middle finger and have obvious lines near the ridge, not really a big problem as the texture is distracting. It dried rather quickly, around ten minutes until I could use my hands and after half an hour it is set so solid there is no chance of chipping or smudging, at least for a day or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment