Tuesday 3 September 2013

Models Own - Velvet Goth Nail Polish Collection - Sardonyx - Valerian - Absinthe

From L to R: Sardonyx, Valerian, & Absinthe
Models Own Velvet Goth Nail Polish Collection

I would be lying if I said I didn't update my nail varnish collections with each season, I try to resist but I'm incredibly weak-willed and give in to temptation far too easily. I'm rather predictable, the closer it gets to Christmas the darker and more sparkly I go but I usually wait until at least November. I can't wait to wear these as the weather is starting to become cooler I think I can start wearing them now.


The velvet top is a nice touch they look beautiful and the varnish itself is striking. I chose to just get three of them, the green as it is my favourite colour and find it hard to resist anything in green (Absinthe), red (Sardonyx) as it is always handy and blue (Valerian) as I've recently had the strong urge to wear blue. Although all shades in the collection will make beautiful additions to an autumn/winter outfit. It isn't just the glitter that is coloured but the varnish too making it a really deep hue, I applied two coats the green (Absinthe) and red (Sardonyx) were evenly coated but the blue (Valerian) could have done with another coat to make it even. The nail varnish dried remarkably quickly. I have had a number of problems removing glittery nail varnish, not just because I'm stingy with my nail varnish remover, this came off rather easily and didn't manage to get the glitter spread all over my hands when removing like others have.

2 comments:

  1. I want these sooo badly! Though deciding which colours to get rather than just all of them would be the issue lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 2 for £8 in Boots at the moment, but there are 5 of them! The red is super gorgeous, really rather sexy. I wish I could have bought the other two, the black and purple but I had to be fairly good and there was another varnish in their range I wanted to try. I'm planning to have the other two ready for Halloween though!

      Delete