Tuesday 24 September 2013

Layla Cosmetics Ceramic Effect 14 Vamp Red



Layla Cosmetics Ceramic Effect 14 Vamp Red £4.68 via Amazon UK

This is a fairly new brand to me, the second polish I've tried from their range. The quality isn't quite that of nail inc or OPI, I find with those brands you can forget about putting a top coat on and don't have to worry about them chipping straight away whereas with the Layla ones I think you need to make sure you add a top coat. However the range of colours and effects are what make this brand amazing. Here is a bit of  safe choice, who doesn't have a dark red nail varnish in their collection? I think I have a different one for every fingernail and toenail, this didn't stop me from adding another to the collection. Something about it just looked a bit more lush and luxurious.

The colour is great although I needed to add three coats to get it to a stage where I was happy it looked even, it goes on easily but it doesn't dry as quick as I'd like, but I do have unrealistic expectations in that respect. I'd like it to dry in 30 seconds as I always need to do something as soon as I've added it oh and I always get an itch in several places. As mentioned before I really think this needs a top coat, I managed to chip it nearly straight away as I didn't bother to put one on, kind of annoying as I would have liked to wait until today to take the photos after I'd managed to get all the excess off my skin but hey-ho, no biggie, I plan to remove it today.

Another shot in daylight today

While I do love this colour I think some brands have a better version but this doesn't effect my love of the brand, the have so many different effects and colours and I have quite a few more to try out this coming couple of weeks. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty colour, great for this time of year!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to end up using it up very quickly, it makes the perfect toenail colour too! xx

      Delete
  2. nice nails http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete