Thursday 5 September 2013

Bourjois Shine Edition lipstick - 25 Mauve Tabloid



Bourjois Shine Edition lipstick - 25 Mauve Tabloid

I recently had a small shopping binge on the Boots website (thank you advantage points), I went on the website for the Models Own Velvet Goth Nail Polish and came away with a full face worth of make-up, even enough to allow for several changes of lipstick.

My main concern with lipsticks is the colour and how long it lasts. I don't really think the type of lipstick, whether is is moisturising, satin, sheer, matte or high-shine, I don't care, I just want it to look good and last. If they invent a lipstick that can be applied easily without looking then I'll be all over that.

I have a lot of statement lipsticks but I don't have many daytime lipsticks. I have tinted lip balm but only recently have I started looking at lipsticks that I would wear all day. I decided to give the Bourjois Shine Edition lipstick a go and chose the mauve as we're heading towards colder weather and I wanted a shade that matched. The lipstick is almost like a tinted lip balm in stick form, it is incredibly glossy and moisturising. The colour was quite light and not as strong as it looked in the tube, that being said it is still a nice, glossy, daytime shade.

If you have rather dry lipsticks and have to wear lip balm all day than this lipstick would be perfect, the consistency is that of a balm but with a hint of colour, feels comfortable on the lips and leaves them moist for hours. If you prefer a strong colour that stains your lips so that you can forget about it then avoid this lipstick.


No comments:

Post a Comment