Friday 13 September 2013

Autumn/Winter 2013 Make Up Look 1: Navy Eyes & Nude Lips

I can sometimes be guilty with sticking to safe looks when it comes to eyeshadow. I know brown suits me so I stick with it. I'm hoping this year I'll be getting out more, Bonfire Night, Halloween, Christmas Parties - this year I want to attend them all and be able to have the odd drink So this first look is more glamorous.

I do sometimes do the standard grey, smoky eye but I had the urge to go with navy eyes this time which I'm glad I did.




After my usual foundation, Benefit Dandelion blusher and some white highlighter below my eyebrows
I started the eyes by applying some lighter, sparkly gold eyeshadow (1) on the eyes, then some white eyeshadow (2) in the corner of my eyes. After that I layered on the navy eyeshadow (3), I applied the same shadow under my eyes like a liner giving myself a winged effect.


On top of this I used some Benefit Bad Gal Eyeliner in black and the Soap and Glory Thick & Fast HD Mascara. I always prefer either heavy lips and little eye make-up or heavy eye make-up and light lips which is what I did here. So to finish off I used Mac CremeSheen in Creme D'Nude topped with my first proper use of one of the lipglass lip gloss from the Archie's Girls collection in Summer Sweetheart.

Now that I have one dramatic make-up style for the coming colder months I need to find some clothing to go with it! I think I need to dig out a vintage floor-length Better Barclay dress or some of the gorgeous Ossie Clark dresses in Debenhams.

14 comments:

  1. Your make up is lovely! I'll try to do the same to me :)

    I'm following you right now.
    Kiss, Nati
    http://iampoliticallycorrect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, you have a beautiful blog - I'm following it now!

      Delete
  2. Hey, thanks for taking the time to comment! :)
    Love this pretty makeup look, the navy eyes are beautiful. I'll have to try it for fall!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makeup :)

    http://myvintagephotography.blogspot.de

    http://yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, I love both your blogs and hope to see more of your photography!

      Delete
  4. You look so beautiful! And the makeup is absolutely gorgeous. I might have to try and get out of my comfort zone as well and use some colours.. Navy suits you :-) And I love the blusher, I really want to try it out.

    xx, tarulovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You sweets, I've been moving more out of my comfort zone this year, it's been easier with lucky dip style beauty boxes, they've helped! The Sleek i-divine showstopper palette is a really nice variety and cheap update. I carry the Benefit Dandelion blusher around with me at all times, it really helps my paleness!

      Delete
    2. I love Sleek makeup as well.. Their blushers especially, so gorgeous! Unfortunately I haven't tried out their eye shadows but I definitely will sometime soon.

      I followed your blog on bloglovin :-)

      xx, tarulovesbeauty.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. I'm the other way, I have yet to try the blusher but know I have to s I've seen some great reviews! The eyeshadows I highly recommend!

      Delete
  5. Cheers dear! Following you now, gorgeous blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making my way through your blog now, love the variety of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the makeup))Navy blue colour is gorgeous))

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I'm really glad I went for the navy blue this time! xx

      Delete