Wednesday 25 September 2013

Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves Spray

Before and After - from nautrall wavy but uneven and messy to effortlessly, evenly tousled
Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves Spray $22.00 Amazon UK £18.62 (as of 25/09/2013)

I need a lot of hair help. Somebody must know this as I've had a lot of new hair things to try this year, either from winning them or receiving them in a Glossybox. I haven't had much of a chance to try them all out this year as I've had very little occasion to make my hair look nice but with getting back to work around the corner I've really started to think about everything, including my hair.

I have the type of hair that you have to wash daily. There is no way around this, which makes it a nightmare to style. So for me texture mists are ideal. My hair went from silky, smooth, freshly washed to thicker, dry and full of volume. I love this texture spray, it smells gorgeous and you can put quite a bit in your hair without there being an obvious look of product in there, weighing it down.

In the photos it won't look miraculously different, my partner himself said that it wasn't possible to capture in photos the difference it makes. My hair had instant volume and bounce, which is why we shot a little video just to show the movement.


Okay, I haven't quite achieved completely tousled beach hair, even with many fingers tousling it, but compared to my usual style it looked even, healthier, stylish but effortless. I think if I'd managed to get my Mum to chop a few inches from my hair before she went gallivanting off the effect would have been more impressive. My hair is rather thick and heavy whereas the tousled look really works better on lighter, slightly shorter hair. I don't have any doubt that when I remove those few inches and go through the same process again I will have incredibly sexy beach hair.

Slightly scruffy but in an organised manner, this side shot gives you a better idea of how even my ringlets now are, with only a few squirts and a few twists

Just one more thing, as I mentioned my hair needs to be washed daily making it impossible to style as it's just too darn smooth, this is why I love products like this and out of them this is the best I've tried to date. You really can put a heavy dose in your hair without it coating it in some questionable gloop. It dries out the roots making the hair much easier to style but also adds instant volume. An overall winning styling spray.  

No comments:

Post a Comment