Sunday 23 June 2013

It Never Rains But it Pours

Well it has been quite a while since my last entry, I haven't lost joy in doing this just the whole ill health thing that has prevented me, well that is the main and first reason. My last post was just before my hospital visit for some pretty hardcore surgery. The surgery went really well there were just complications after, the surgeon thought I would be out in 2 days but I ended up in for 6 because of the complications, I managed to cover a wide spectrum complications wise - high temperature (hitting 40c), high blood pressure (so I'm told, those numbers mean nothing to me), heart rate around 120 bpm and I needed oxygen for 4 days. I have 5 holes soon to be scars, 4 for the actual procedure and 1 for the drain I had for 5 days afterwards draining blood, I had to carry this about with me like a handbag of blood, it was really gross. I also had the pleasure of having a catheter, which I didn't mind, There was no way I was able to get out of bed to sit even on a commode next to my bed the first few days I was in. So it has taken a bit longer to recover than expected, it was also seriously painful once I was taken off the morphine I would give the pain an 8-9, even on morphine it was sometimes a 7.

I'm still mainly bed-bound and borrowing my parents laptop, I try to be a little active but after pushing it a little too much last weekend and nearly ending up back in hospital I'm trying to be a bit more cautious as even little things can be a setback, I was feeling pretty good yesterday but in the evening I had hiccups and today I'm feeling lousy although not nearly as bad as before. I've been bed-bound for 17 days, it is killing me, I can only sleep on my back so I'm anxious to get a proper cosy nights sleep - I'm also daydreaming about going on holiday. I am getting better though, I still need a bit of help getting about but most of the time I can get to the toilet okay and can finally sit myself up in bed! I'm moving a lot more freely now so I feel like I'm getting there, slowly but surely, next step will be showering everyday. I also get the bed to myself, James has been sleeping on the floor since I've returned from hospital to give me plenty of space and to avoid causing any setbacks with his tossing and turning.

My bed is surrounded by entertainment, I have everything hooked up and within reach, DAB radio next to my pillow, Xbox streaming netflix and lovefilm, books and magazines piled high and just recently I've been borrowing my parents laptop, this has come about because of a very bad thing, my computer has kicked the bucket. I should have prepared and transferred my photos from it months ago, I knew it was on the way out, I should have been ready but with my health to think about this has played second fiddle, well fourth fiddle. It's beyond repair, I know this, I patched it up just over a year ago knowing it didn't have long left. I will get my photos back at some point, hopefully, but for now I have to find a way to scrape together some money to get the computer I've picked out, hard when you aren't earning but I'll find a way. At least I can use my parents laptop to do the things that are important but there won't be any proper blog entries for a while, I was going to wait until I could sit at my computer anyway but things have changed. I'm not angry, or that frustrated, I've accept the death and have already moved onto my next desktop. I was also treated to a Nintendo Animal Crossing Limited Edition 3DS XL, so that will keep my spirits up for weeks to come, along with my psychedelic cat sweatshirt, I can't be angry when I'm wearing that!





No comments:

Post a Comment