Friday 31 May 2013

Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy Imminent

The wait is finally over, well pretty much. Next Thursday (6th June) I will undergo a laparoscopic partial nephrectomy to remove the remainder of a benign tumour and part of my kidney. I'm really looking forward to getting my life back on track and getting the surgery over and done with, of course I'm really nervous about something going wrong but the pain I'm in at the moment I can only see it doing good.

I won't be gross and post links to videos of the surgery which I have stupidly looked up on youtube, nobody, other than the surgeon, needs to know more about this procedure. This is just a quick note as I don't know how much I'll be around for the next couple of weeks. I have some posts I want to do beforehand but I have things to sort out and I'm sure I'll be distracted. Although I'm counting on some sleepless nights so I may end up posting early morning thoughts.

At least I know I haven't quite got enough hair on my stomach for them to shave me like they did my Tabby, obviously before she died. I know after the surgery I won't look as cute as my Tabby did though so I'll leave you with a photo of her and her shaved belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment