Sunday 21 April 2013

Rimmel - 60 Seconds Nail Varnish - Sun Downer



Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish in Sun Downer

I haven't bought a Rimmel product for many a year, possibly not since I was a teenager. I think each year I've got older I've started to spend more money on more expensive products. I find it quite easy to fall for a nail varnish colour, I like a wide range of colours and I covet them all so the cheaper they are the more I can have which is why I've decided to give Rimmel another shot.

Now I've always been unfortunate with my nails, I'll be trying to apply it carefully and my hand will start to shake and it will end up on my skin, I fidget shortly afterwards and they get smudged, I've always believed that my nails take longer to dry but really can't be possible.



This colour really appealed to me especially as the sun seems to be starting to make an appearance, a bright but dark orange, it looks striking. One of the things I was really impressed with was the fact that it has a flat brush. I find it much easier to apply with a flat brush, easier to get down the sides to get a full and even coat. The varnish may dry in 60 seconds but not to the point that you would be able to get on with everything else you would do, it would still smudge. I left it a good ten minutes, at this point it was fine which is a lot quicker than the usual 30 minute wait. Now the only disappointing thing about this varnish is that without a good clear top coat the nail varnish chipped very easily. I had left my nails and was planning to put a top coat on later on in the day but it was already too late, it had started to chip. Still easy to apply and cheap, great if you like to work your way through a spectrum of colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment